Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Reception Placemats

While I'm updating my blog, I think I'll add some more photos of the 27 placemats I painted for my wedding reception. I first mentioned the placemats in this entry, but I only included one photo. I spent approximately 135 hours hand painting each of these placemats with a coral watercolor paint mixture, and I think they deserve to be shared with a bit more detail. :)


Close-up of pattern
Each single placemat took anywhere from 4-6 hours to trace, stretch, paint, and cut out.

When I spread out all 27 placemats (each one of which is 18" in diameter), they stretched all the way down my apartment hallway, spilling into the living room.

All 27 placemats, stacked on top of each other (slightly offset). The front and back sides of my wedding invitations and the color swatches of our two wedding colors (jade and guava) are resting on the top placemat. The pattern on the back of the invitation is the same pattern I painted on the placemats (just at a different scale).

Detail of all 27 placemats, stacked on top of each other.
Shameless plug time: Love my placemats and invitation designs? Check out my custom invitation design website:invitesbyandrea.com! I'd also be willing to paint reception table placemats for you - for an added fee! You can email me at andrea@invitesbyandrea.com for more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment