Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Sample Spotlight: "Heart of Steel"

Pink and gray is a classic color combo that works almost any time of the year - but especially in the winter and spring, or for Valentine's Day!

"Heart of Steel" Invitation Duo (invite & reply card)

For this stationery design, I kept the design crisp and clean with a pure white background, a simple, smooth pink petal envelope (no metallic shine, scrapbook paper embellishment, or texture here!), and a touch of gray in a textured cardstock border.





If the pattern looks familiar, it may because I talked about it in great length in a Fancy/Funky Friday post from more than a year ago. This is the first pattern I ever created - I initially used it to accent my personal business card and resume back in 2009, but I've used it on many different projects since then. :)




I love how simple the pattern is - it acts as a great blank palette you can add almost anything to. It can be "dressed up" with elegant, cursive fonts, and embellishments like vellum and other layers of fancy paper, or it can be "dressed down" with sans-serif Helvetica. It's even easy to change the colors around - as you can see in this stationery set, I alternated pink and gray within the pattern, but it works just as well if all parts of the pattern are the same color.


Next week's Sunday Sample Spotlight: Fun with paint splatter!


Click here to view all Sunday Sample Spotlight posts.

"Like" Invites by Andrea on Facebook!
Follow Invites by Andrea on Twitter!


-

Shameless Plug Time: Love this invitation (or others featured on this blog)? Want something similar (or something completely custom) designed for your event? Visit Invites by Andrea to view more samples, download a catalogue pdf, or fill out a design request form. Or shoot me an email to ask me your questions or learn more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment