Friday, June 21, 2013

Fancy/Funky Friday: Patterns Galaxia & Zoe

Happy Friday! Here are today's patterns -

First, the "fancy": Pattern Galaxia




Why it's "fancy": The offset angles and diamonds make me think of preppy argyle; from far away, it also takes on the appearance of lace.

Why it's great: This pattern always reminds me of the cat named Orion from the movie Men in Black... It has the same feeling as the galaxy in the charm around his collar.


And now, the "funky": Pattern Zoe






Why it's "funky": Simple white circles stand out in this pattern, where the negative space becomes more important than the whimsical green lines.

Why it's great: From a distance, it might look a bit like lace - but up close, there's too much white space. Instead it's like a loose-knit fabric or crochet pattern, letting lots of air through!

-

Click here to see all posts related to "Fancy/Funky Friday" 


Shameless plug time: Love my patterns? I incorporate them into a lot of the artwork I create, from stationery for Invites by Andrea to the watercolors I paint. Check out Invites by Andrea's website to see examples of these patterns in use or drop me a line at andrea@invitesbyandrea.com to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment