Friday, December 28, 2012

Fancy/Funky Friday: Patterns Cinderella & Kelly

It's the last Friday of 2012 - celebrate by savoring this pair of childlike Fancy/Funky patterns! :)

First, the "fancy": Pattern Cinderella





Why it's "fancy": Curvy, elegant lines looped into a whimsical design.

Why it's great: Unlike many of my "fancy" patterns, pattern Cinderella has enough breathing room around each design "unit" that they're easily distinguished. Because of this, it looks less like real lace and more cartoonish - which is why I named it after a Disney princess.

Does this pattern look familiar? I used it in my "Waterlilies" watercolor, which I painted in October and posted about last month. :)


And now, the "funky": Pattern Kelly





Why it's "funky": Thick, bulbous arcs swoop together to form squiggle-infused circles - you can't get much more bold and graphic than this. :)

Why it's great: The foreground/background easily changes - you can consider either the green yin-yang shapes or the pinched white rectangles that connect to each other with a thin S as the "positive" shapes in this pattern.

-

Click here to see all posts related to "Fancy/Funky Friday" 


Shameless plug time: Love my patterns? I incorporate them into a lot of the artwork I create, from stationery for Invites by Andrea to the watercolors I paint. Check out Invites by Andrea's website to see examples of these patterns in use or drop me a line at andrea@invitesbyandrea.com to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment