Friday, December 7, 2012

Fancy/Funky Friday: Patterns Henrietta & Delilah

Happy Friday! Here are today's patterns!

First, the "fancy": Pattern Henrietta





Why it's "fancy": Loops galore definitely give the pattern a lace-like appearance.

Why it's great: Up close, you can see that not all loops are created equal: some are rounder, others are thin and almond-shaped, and others still are comprised of thick, bold lines.


And now, the "funky": Pattern Delilah





Why it's "funky": Perfect squares (tilted almost ninety degrees), obvious lowercase d's and e's, and a general "crowded" feel.

Why it's great: I love the squares that were created when the d's serifs met! The white squares give moments of calm to an otherwise hectic pattern.


-

Click here to see all posts related to "Fancy/Funky Friday" 


Shameless plug time: Love my patterns? I incorporate them into a lot of the artwork I create, from stationery for Invites by Andrea to the watercolors I paint. Check out Invites by Andrea's website to see examples of these patterns in use or drop me a line at andrea@invitesbyandrea.com to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment