Friday, March 22, 2013

Fancy/Funky Friday: Indigo & Rita

For the beginning of spring, I present to you: brightly-colored patterns that remind of eggs and flowers. :)

First, the "fancy": Pattern Indigo



Why it's "fancy": This pattern's lines are the very definition of calligraphic, with elegant curves ending in solid dots of color and slight variations of thickness within each line.

Why it's great: When I look at the design, I see strips of lace interspersed with stripes of tilting "egg" forms.


And now, the "funky": Pattern Rita





Why it's "funky": Like last week, this "funky" pattern focuses on spirals that create flower-like forms, and arranges them in a predictable plaid-like grid.

Why it's great: From a distance, the negative white space at the middle of each flowery spiral cloud look like miniature parallelograms!

-

Click here to see all posts related to "Fancy/Funky Friday" 


Shameless plug time: Love my patterns? I incorporate them into a lot of the artwork I create, from stationery for Invites by Andrea to the watercolors I paint. Check out Invites by Andrea's website to see examples of these patterns in use or drop me a line at andrea@invitesbyandrea.com to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment