Friday, March 29, 2013

Fancy/Funky Friday: Patterns Nora & Remarka

Can you believe it's almost April?? Celebrate the last Friday in March with today's fancy and funky patterns!

First, the "fancy": Pattern Nora




Why it's "fancy": Thin, curvy lines that form lace-like stripes of pattern

Why it's great: The plasma-like moment where two of the oval pattern units meet reminds me of lava lamp blobs.


And now, the "funky": Pattern Remarka



Why it's "funky": Whimsical spirals, obvious capital R's, crazy movement, and unaligned pattern "units" - what part of this pattern isn't funky?? :)

Why it's great: I just love the little tally marks that decorate some of the lines (especially where the capital Y, R, and J letter forms meet).

-

Click here to see all posts related to "Fancy/Funky Friday" 


Shameless plug time: Love my patterns? I incorporate them into a lot of the artwork I create, from stationery for Invites by Andrea to the watercolors I paint. Check out Invites by Andrea's website to see examples of these patterns in use or drop me a line at andrea@invitesbyandrea.com to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment