Friday, March 1, 2013

Fancy/Funky Friday: Patterns Jayda & Sarabi

Happy Friday! Here are today's patterns:

First, the "fancy": Pattern Jayda




Why it's "fancy": Thin, calligraphic lines show off with sweeping loops and a classically elegant arrangement

Why it's great: I love finding shapes within the lines, and I'm reminded of all sorts of things in this pattern, from hearts and puckered lips to lotus flowers and crouching frogs.


And now, the "funky": Pattern Sarabi



Why it's "funky": From a distance, standard "X" shapes take on a new edge by rotating orientation; up close, the detailed lines within each "X" become more apparent

Why it's great: Inspired by fun 1970s "striped" lettering, the densely packed "tracks" of thin lines remind me of paper clips or other office supplies.

-

Click here to see all posts related to "Fancy/Funky Friday" 


Shameless plug time: Love my patterns? I incorporate them into a lot of the artwork I create, from stationery for Invites by Andrea to the watercolors I paint. Check out Invites by Andrea's website to see examples of these patterns in use or drop me a line at andrea@invitesbyandrea.com to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment