Friday, July 19, 2013

Fancy/Funky Friday: Patterns Bernadette & Poppy

Here are two more patterns - one fancy, one funky - to start your weekend off right!

First, the "fancy": Pattern Bernadette




Why it's "fancy": Thin, calligraphic lines loop and crisscross to make a beautiful argyle & lace-like pattern.

Why it's great: I love the long, swooping arcs on the top of each lowercase-k letterform!


And now, the "funky": Pattern Poppy




Why it's "funky": Instead of calligraphic lines that vary in thickness, each of these whimsical curves is exactly the same line weight, making the pattern feel less refined and more childish.

Why it's great: I love the swirls! This pattern would be great for wallpapering a child's bedroom or play room.

-

Click here to see all posts related to "Fancy/Funky Friday" 


Shameless plug time: Love my patterns? I incorporate them into a lot of the artwork I create, from stationery for Invites by Andrea to the watercolors I paint. Check out Invites by Andrea's website to see examples of these patterns in use or drop me a line at andrea@invitesbyandrea.com to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment