Friday, July 5, 2013

Fancy/Funky Friday: Patterns Encarta & Haley

Happy Friday! Here are today's patterns -

First, the "fancy": Pattern Encarta




Why it's "fancy": This pattern is argyle with a touch of femininity in the little curly accents. Plus, it's so fun how the "stripes" of pattern don't quite touch, leaving that buffer of negative space in between the lines.

Why it's great: I love preppy patterns like this, where you can easily imagine how great it would look as a wrapping paper, knitted into a sweater, or used to decorate a windowpane.


And now, the "funky": Pattern Haley




Why it's "funky": The simplicity of this pattern makes it look almost stamped! Draw in some pupils in two adjacent circles, and you have yourself a pair of googly eyes.

Why it's great: It looks like bubbles. Enough said.

-

Click here to see all posts related to "Fancy/Funky Friday" 


Shameless plug time: Love my patterns? I incorporate them into a lot of the artwork I create, from stationery for Invites by Andrea to the watercolors I paint. Check out Invites by Andrea's website to see examples of these patterns in use or drop me a line at andrea@invitesbyandrea.com to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment