Friday, July 26, 2013

Fancy/Funky Friday: Patterns Magnolia & Sasha

Happy Friday! Here are today's fancy & funky patterns!

First, the "fancy": Pattern Magnolia




Why it's "fancy": From a distance, it looks like lace, with its uniformly-packed curvy lines.

Why it's great: The lines are calligraphic - meaning they vary in thickness from bold to thin, like a calligraphy pen!


And now, the "funky": Pattern Sasha




Why it's "funky": This pattern is busy, looking like furious bouts of scribbles, but underneath the madness is a firm repeating structure.

Why it's great: I love the small parallelograms formed in between each repeated pattern "unit"!

-

Click here to see all posts related to "Fancy/Funky Friday" 


Shameless plug time: Love my patterns? I incorporate them into a lot of the artwork I create, from stationery for Invites by Andrea to the watercolors I paint. Check out Invites by Andrea's website to see examples of these patterns in use or drop me a line at andrea@invitesbyandrea.com to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment