Friday, August 24, 2012

Fancy/Funky Friday: Patterns Bunny & Keiko

Happy Friday! Scroll down for today's Fancy and Funky pattern choices! :)

First, the "fancy": Pattern Bunny





Pattern Bunny is definitely one of my more unique "fancy" patterns. Though the lines are thin, there are moments where lines overlap and create thick, bold areas - and several of the lines have little decorative "balls" on the ends of their curves, giving off a bug-like antenna vibe. :)

Still, the most obvious aspect of the pattern are elegant diamond shapes, which gives it a fancy feeling. This design works great as single stripes of pattern, as I used in the stationery sample below. Plus, the smaller diamond shapes make for great "reply boxes" on RSVP cards!






And now, the "funky": Pattern Keiko





Pattern Keiko has a very contemporary Asian feel. The line thickness and cartoonish curves remind me of the Japanese Anime style. I can totally see this fun pattern adorning the walls of a tourist-y Japanese store, or as a decorative element on children's clothes. The mix of straight lines and curves, as well as smaller and larger arcs make this a very fun, whimsical pattern that could be adapted for a variety of uses.


-

Click here to see all posts related to "Fancy/Funky Friday" 


Shameless plug time: Love my patterns? I incorporate them into a lot of the artwork I create, from stationery for Invites by Andrea to the watercolors I paint. Check out Invites by Andrea's website to see examples of these patterns in use or drop me a line at andrea@invitesbyandrea.com to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment