Friday, November 2, 2012

Fancy/Funky Friday: Patterns Arlene & Veda

Every Friday, I post two patterns - and my long-winded explanations and analyses of each one. Well - no more! You'll still get your patterns (two crisp images of each design), but instead of paragraphs that you never bothered to read anyway, there will just be two short blurbs - why I consider the pattern "fancy" or "funky," and why I love the pattern in general (what makes it special, unique, exciting, interesting, or beautiful).

Because on a Friday, the last thing you want to do is read entire paragraphs when a simple phrase or two will do just fine. :)


First, the "fancy": Pattern Arlene




Why it's "fancy": Thin, curved lines and general floral shapes (especially from a distance).

Why it's great: The lowercase letter a's and y's that make up this pattern are arranged in such a way that they look like @-signs and asterisks, which gives off a playful, modern vibe.


And now, the "funky": Pattern Veda




Why it's "funky": Am I the only one who sees tiny acorn-like images all over this pattern?? (Perfect for this time of year!)

Why it's great: It creates a great mix of empty space and more crowded areas and the lines are fun and whimsical.



-

Click here to see all posts related to "Fancy/Funky Friday" 


Shameless plug time: Love my patterns? I incorporate them into a lot of the artwork I create, from stationery for Invites by Andrea to the watercolors I paint. Check out Invites by Andrea's website to see examples of these patterns in use or drop me a line at andrea@invitesbyandrea.com to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment