Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Sample Spotlight: "The Little Red Hen"

Today's Sunday Sample Spotlight features a highly saturated red & golden yellow color scheme that's great for fall!


"Little Red Hen" Invitation Duo (invite & reply card) & Save-the-Date

For this stationery set, I chose a bright red "cascade" envelope and lined the left flap and right side pocket with yellow vine-patterned scrapbook paper. I also scanned in the scrapbook paper and included the design on the top and bottom borders of each printed piece, to visually connect the actual invitation, reply card, and save-the-date to the envelope.




The scrapbook paper reminds me both of fallen leaves and wheat harvest (don't the vines look a little like grain?), so I thought it was the perfect choice for this time of year. By pairing it with a crisp apple orchard red, I made the autumnal inspiration even more obvious. Then, I kept the palette simple by printing all text in the same yellow and red hues (instead of introducing black or another neutral).




This is one of my favorite fonts for invitation designs. I just love the calligraphic/vintage feel of the font, and how elongated the decorative lines are on each capital letter!



Next week's Sunday Sample Spotlight: "Purple Rain"


Click here to view all Sunday Sample Spotlight posts.

"Like" Invites by Andrea on Facebook!
Follow Invites by Andrea on Twitter!


-

Shameless Plug Time: Love this invitation (or others featured on this blog)? Want something similar (or something completely custom) designed for your event? Visit Invites by Andrea to view more samples, download a catalogue pdf, or fill out a design request form. Or shoot me an email to ask me your questions or learn more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment