Friday, November 9, 2012

Fancy/Funky Friday: Patterns Brittany & Brooke

Happy Friday! How do you like these new "less-text-heavy" pattern posts??


First, the "fancy": Pattern Brittany




Why it's "fancy": Calligraphic lines (lines that vary in width from thin to thick) and a lace-like quality (especially from a distance).

Why it's great: The lowercase "s" shapes connect to create heart-like icons that are repeated throughout the pattern.


And now, the "funky": Pattern Brooke






Why it's "funky": The obvious capital-B's are bold and graphic, while the wavy lines are fun.

Why it's great: I love the little "four-leaf-clover moment" that happens when the capital-B's meet!


-

Click here to see all posts related to "Fancy/Funky Friday" 


Shameless plug time: Love my patterns? I incorporate them into a lot of the artwork I create, from stationery for Invites by Andrea to the watercolors I paint. Check out Invites by Andrea's website to see examples of these patterns in use or drop me a line at andrea@invitesbyandrea.com to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment