Thursday, January 5, 2012

Flower Bat Mitzvah Stationery Set

I had the opportunity recently to design the invitations, reply cards, and thank you notes for an almost-thirteen-year-old's Bat Mitzvah celebration. Her only requests were that her name be written in both English and Hebrew, and that I use the colors pink and green (with emphasis on the pink). I showed her a few different designs from my catalogue with her information and color choices to see what she thought.

She chose my rose stem design (called "Chocolate Valentine" in the catalogue, where I displayed it with a pink and brown color scheme) - which I've also used as the basis for a watercolor painting before. Obviously, it's an image I'm pretty fond of, and I'm glad she liked it so much, too! The different shades of pink look great with the green and black, and feel very feminine, stylish, and spring-like (perfect for a March Bat Mitzvah)!




She wanted the design paired with a metallic dark pink border and matching envelopes, and the end result is absolutely adorable (if I do say so myself). :) I'd never printed addresses directly on envelopes before, so I wasn't sure how they'd turn out on my printer, especially with the metallic envelopes. But my printer worked great, and the black showed up nicely, even with the dark pink color and the shimmer of the metallic. I printed return addresses and the addresses of each guest on the outside of the invitation envelope (size A7), as well as the address on every reply card envelope (size 4-Bar), and the return addresses on the envelopes for the thank you notes (size A2).




-


Shameless plug time: Love this design? Want one of your own? Download my convenient pdf catalogue to see all of my design options, or check out my Invites by Andrea website to view some samples and get more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment