Friday, June 22, 2012

Fancy/Funky Friday: Patterns Tamika & Miranda


Time for another Fancy/Funky Friday! I hope you enjoy this week's post! :)

First, the "fancy": Pattern Tamika



I absolutely love this pattern - I can see it printed on just about anything, from clothes to upholstery. It reminds of stained glass window designs. It's very dense, even up close, and there is hardly any negative space to speak of. Most of my "fancy" patterns aren't nearly so dense, but since the lines are so thin, I feel that this still fits in the "fancy" category. I just love the intricate detail Pattern Tamika has to offer, and I think it's precisely this characteristic that makes it the perfect pattern for just about anything.


And now, the "funky": Pattern Miranda




Pattern Miranda is very whimsical. It looks almost hand-drawn, and that's due to the nature of the font I used to create the pattern. It's so dense in places and each part is so well connected to everything else that I can't tell (or remember) what letters I used to create this pattern at all. There's an interesting relationship in this pattern between the white negative space within the fun cloud-like forms and the dense areas filled with close-together lines. I love how it looks like something I might have doodled around the edges of my notebook paper back in school! It's definitely one of my more "youthful" patterns. :)


-

Click here to see all posts related to "Fancy/Funky Friday" 


Shameless plug time: Love my patterns? I incorporate them into a lot of the artwork I create, from stationery for Invites by Andrea to the watercolors I paint. Check out Invites by Andrea's website to see examples of these patterns in use or drop me a line at andrea@invitesbyandrea.com to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment