Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Sample Spotlight: "Flower Fairy Lights"

As with most of my illustrative stationery samples, I used the pen tool in Adobe Illustrator to trace a photograph I'd taken and turn it into a graphic image. The flowers in this design were traced from a photograph I took in Barcelona - and unlike many of my illustrations, I liked the black outline so much that I kept it on for the final image.

"Flower Fairy Lights" - Invitation duo (invite & reply card) with matching thank you note and save-the-date

"Flower Fairy Lights" is modern in design and colors. Perhaps the dense black is not for the faint of heart, but I think the other bright colors easily keep it from feeling too morose. The saturated yellows, greens, reds, and oranges really pop against the solid black background and petal envelope - making this a perfect stationery set for a vibrant, summer affair.



Because the black is so dark, I had to add a strip of white to the reply cards for guests to write in. It matches all of the white and yellow text used across all designs - the colors that best pop against the heavy black background. I used a modern sans-serif font for the text (varying between all-uppercase letters and all-lowercase italics), so that it would match the graphic boldness of the floral illustration.





Next week's Sunday Sample Spotlight: "Scrambled Eggs & Whiskey"


Click here to view all Sunday Sample Spotlight posts.

"Like" Invites by Andrea on Facebook!

-

Shameless Plug Time: Love this invitation (or others featured on this blog)? Want something similar (or something completely custom) designed for your event? Visit Invites by Andrea to view more samples, download a catalogue pdf, or fill out a design request form. Or shoot me an email to ask me your questions or learn more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment