Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday Sample Spotlight: "Olive My Love"

Shades of olive green are a great color choice for autumn and winter since they feel deeper and cooler than a bright kelly green or lime green, and the best part about this design is the different shades of green it employs. The scrapbook paper I chose for inspiration incorporated olive greens, darker greens, light blue-greens, and neutral tans and whites into a handmade-like stripe pattern. I love that the stripes aren't quite straight, and that they vary in thickness - it really gives the design a more casual, earthy, rustic feel.

"Olive My Love" - Invitation Duo (invite & information insert)

This design is similar to many others I've made with scrapbook paper - I cut out the appropriate shapes of paper and glued them to the left closing flap and right pocket of the Himalaya Pocketfold type of envelope, and then scanned the same paper into my computer so that I could incorporate just a thin stripe of the paper into the top and bottom of the design to tie the invitation and information insert back to the envelope it came in.


When you look at the scrapbook paper close-up you can see that it also has thin wavy horizontal stripes in addition to its more prominent vertical ones. I tried to play this great little detail up in the design I created for the invitation and information insert by creating small groups of thin horizontal stripes to act as barriers between different paragraphs of text.



I find that it's often best to keep the actual invitation design simple when you have a great scrapbook paper you want to incorporate on the envelope, especially if it has a bold presence like these wide olive stripes have. The key is to include hints of the bold pattern in the design so that the viewer returns to the splash of color they've already noticed as the most important element of the package.

Next week's Sunday Sample Spotlight: the perfect design for a vineyard wedding or event!

Click here to view all Sunday Sample Spotlight posts.

"Like" Invites by Andrea on Facebook!

-

Shameless Plug Time: Love this invitation (or others featured on this blog)? Want something similar (or something completely custom) designed for your event? Visit Invites by Andrea to view more samples, download a catalogue pdf (coming soon!), or fill out a design request form. Or shoot me an email to ask me your questions or learn more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment