Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner Stationery

I was just thinking - how cool would it be to print up really pretty menus for your family's Thanksgiving dinner? Even if you're just having a few relatives and friends over, it'd be an instant way to spice up a tradition and make the meal seem well-planned and festive. Plus, it'd be fun! And I'm sure all of your holiday guests would be very impressed with your hosting prowess. ;)

I've been so busy I haven't made any sample menus for Thanksgiving dinner, but here are some photos of the ceremony programs and menus I designed and assembled for my wedding back in July. How easy would it be to adapt the design and colors to something more fall-inspired? You wouldn't even have to print an individual menu for every table setting if you didn't have time - just one for the whole table, integrated into the table's centerpiece, would also add a nice personal touch to your decor. It's a simple and small project, but it's a little detail that would pack a powerful punch.



And you wouldn't have to stop at menus, either. If you have a large family, why not help them figure out where to sit at your dining table by printing up little name cards for each place setting? Or, if your family's Thanksgiving has a buffet or potluck element (pie displays, anyone?), print little description cards to place next to each item describing the dish and some of its key ingredients. Even if the guest list is small, that doesn't mean the event can't be a big one! :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

-

Shameless Plug Time: Like my ideas? Like the programs and menus you see above? Visit my website or drop me a line for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment